Saturday, June 4, 2011

Vacation now, right? NO! NOT YET!!

Well the big 35th season is over, so we're on vacation, right? NO, absolutely not, not at all!!! My colleagues are all incredibly busy with the final artistic flurry in the ASO and I am also incredibly busy - nailing down venues and concert dates for next season's public concerts and also our six soirees in private homes and venues. And programming! We all contribute suggestions and requests for the season's puzzle of programs and then I spread it all over my dining room table and work on it as a puzzle, juggling the balance of styles, instruments, even the work load. (Violin, cello and piano seem to be constantly in demand, no matter who else plays... leading to an exhausted trio. Too much of a good thing is still too much.) Anyway - stay tuned because I'm crunching it all right now and am determined to pull it all or mostly together in the next week! WHEW! I need a bit of luck too...

1 comment:

  1. Would ultimately let my boss's boss place a monetary value on moving my holiday time. If he truly feels it's important, $200 is a drop in the bucket for a large company. If $200 is a problem, then certainly, it's not that important that I be there. Virginia Vacations

    ReplyDelete